We offer some amazing salmon cures where you can easily cure your own fish and cold smoke it for the ultimate home made feast.
Our smoked salmon cocktail sauce makes this dish sing with a spicy kick from the Rampant Angus Ketchup. If you’re feeling adventurous you can add a splash of vodka to make a Russian version!
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Rampant Angus Ketchup
- 1 lemon juiced
- Vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 500g peeled and cooked shrimp
- 700g Smoked salmon
- Thyme leaf
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Iceberg lettuce
- 2 tsp vodka if you wish!
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, Rampant Angus and juice of a lemon until smooth and well combined. Keep half the sauce to garnish. Chop half of the shrimp into pieces and add to the bowl. Really finely slice or shred the lettuce.
Combine the shrimp and lettuce with the sauce.
- Making your own cold smoked salmon is a real treat and we make some seriously good fish cures. Check out the beetroot cured salmon or our Gin & Tonic cure for the ultimate treat. Simple to do and instructions provided.
- Skin and slice the avocado, dice the tomato and pick some thyme leaves.
- Add a scoop of the shrimp cocktail to the centre of a plate. Surround this in ribbons of smoked salmon to form a fish super volcano! Scatter the remaining whole shrimp, avocado and tomato around the edge.
- Use the remaining cocktail sauce with a chef pot to drizzle over the top and make pretty patterns! A grind of black pepper will finish this nicely.