Who needs ham when you have pork belly. Take this classic breakfast to another level!
Skin on pork belly slices (1inch thick)
- Remove the skin from the pork and using a jaccard or corn on the cob holder pierce lots holes into the skin. Place onto a plate and cover with lots of salt and put into the fridge uncovered.
- Cut the pork belly in half so they look like they will fit onto a muffin put into a bowl and cover generously with the rub make sure all the pork is coated evenly and place in the fridge over night.
- Following day set up your BBQ for direct heat and indoors your oven grill set to high
- Whilst waiting for the temperatures to heat up take the skin out of the fridge and wash off all the salt pat dry place on a tray skin side up, place towards the bottom of the oven and grill until golden and it bubbles up. Once done take out and allow to cool
- Place pork belly onto BBQ and cook until fat has rendered down and it’s cooked through and crispy.
- When the pork is almost done heat up a pan of water and poach your eggs for runny yolk aim for 3-4 minutes. And warm through your chosen hollandaise sauce.
- Chuck your muffins on the grill to toast just before serving.
- To plate place the pork belly on top of the muffin followed by the poached egg. Then pour your sauce over the top and sprinkle some SB&B on top and place the crackling over the top.