Sausage Gumbo, Featuring Mr Rubba Rubba
This is a warming stew, hot pot or gumbo. Whatever you like to call it, it is rich in wonderful aromatic flavours from the deep south.
Combining the rub while sautéing down onions makes a fragrant, herby base for your gumbo (sauce) with a hit of chilli into which you could add any meat or fish to suit your taste.
- 6 of your favourite sausages
- Mr Rubba Rubba
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin butter beans, drained well
- Olive oil
- First, brown your sausages to get a nice bit of colour on them.
- Take a large heavy based pan and put in some olive oil, then add the chopped onions and 2 tablespoons of Mr Rubba Rubba, and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes and butter beans and stir through.
- Chop up the cooked sausages, and add into the pan giving it all a good stir through to let it heat through and get all those delicious the flavours mingling.
- That's it! It's ready to eat. Serve as it is in a small bowl for a cosy dinner, we like it with toasted sourdough bread.
- This is a perfect dish for round a Bonfire too, and can be cooked over the fire or on your hob.