With the cost of living on the rise, feeding a family can be expensive so we wanted to create a recipe that focuses on cheaper cuts of meat, such as rolled Brisket, that will easily feed a family of 6 without breaking the bank.
Large chunks of brisket are seasoned with the Angus & Oink Cuban rub and slow cooked in a rich tomatoey sauce. The addition of beans fill out the dish and add a healthy dose of fibre to a protein packed dish. Perfect for the autumn months ahead.
Serves 6 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 hours
1.5kg Brisket, cubed
4 tbsp Angus & Oink Cuban Rub
3 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
2 Bell Peppers, roughly chopped
1 Large Brown Onion, roughly chopped
400g Cannellini Beans
400g Black Beans
800g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- Lay your brisket on a flat surface and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Lightly cover with oil and season with Angus & Oink Cuban Rub. Massage the seasoning in by hand and allow to marinade for at least 1 hour (overnight works best).
- Remove the meat from fridge and bring to room temperature. In a large pan, add a little oil then transfer the meat to the pan and brown the meat all over. Transfer the meat to your slow cooker (any deep ovenproof dish with do).
- Chop up the onions, peppers and garlic then add them to the pan. Add the beans and tinned tomatoes and mix everything together.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker/ovenproof dish and cook for around 6 hours or until the meat falls apart using a fork. Cooking times can vary depending how you cook this, if cooking in the oven or electric slow cooker, try to aim for around 150c for 6 hours.
- Serve it up on its own or with a nice leafy bean salad, potatoes or rice.