This recipe is so delicious and Moorish, your family is sure to love it! Delicious as a side with every type of BBQ meat or just simply on it’s own.
500g of Sweetcorn. Fresh, Frozen or Can
140 of Butter
150g of Greek Yoghurt
100g of Quick Cook fine Polenta
80g Plain Flour
4 Tsp of Angus and Oink Honey Chilli (add in more or less to your own taste)
1 Fresh Chilli
2 Fresh Spring Onions
1 Large knob of Ginger
3 Tbs of Honey
3 Tbs of Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp of Bicarbonate Soda
Sea Salt to Serve
- Melt the butter on a pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Gently stir until it turns a golden brown. Add all the sweet corn and let it bubble for another 5 minutes stirring so the butter doesn’t catch and burn. Set aside and leave to cool.
- In a food processor drop in the chilli, spring onions, ginger or bowl, and blitz or chop finely.
- Next combine the eggs, yoghurt, flour, polenta, honey, Maple syrup, bicarbonate, baking powder, salt, Honey Chilli seasoning all together in the food processor and pulse until you have a nice thick mixture. Or use a bowl to bring together.
- Take the cooled buttered Sweetcorn and add in 350g into the batter, pulse 3 times so that you have textured batter with chunks of Sweetcorn. Or mix together in a bowl.
- Transfer batter into a prepared spring back tin or in my case I used a hot Dutch Oven on my BBQ.
- With the left over sweetcorn and butter drizzle it on top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200c for 20 minutes or BBQ 200c I used my preheated Dutch oven with lid on for the first 20 minutes and then take out, drizzle with a little extra Maple Syrup and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes with the lid off the Dutch Oven. Or pop the baking tin back into the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven or BBQ leave it to cool in the tin or Dutch Oven before releasing from the tin.
- I drizzled over more Maple and with a blow torch, I Charred the Sweetcorn slightly to give it that beauty charred look. Chopped up spring onions, chilli and flaked sea salt over the top. Best to eat it warm straight out the oven, but if you leave it overnight all the spices infuse and it becomes a much deeper flavour. Either way it’s delicious 🤤