This one pan tray bake roast gives you the perfect combo of zesty lemon & fragrant herbs and juicy, savoury roast chicken.
It's up to you if you want to roast a whole chicken, sprinkled all over with this delicious seasoning, but we like to portion the chicken into pieces and sit them on top of a tray of vegetables. Winner winner, chicken dinner.
One pan to wash up and you get to choose whether you want a piece of leg, thigh or breast. It's also a great way to use up any vegetables you have lurking in the bottom of the fridge for a fridge raid meal!
- One whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Olive Oil
- Mix of vegetables (we like potatoes, red & white onions, beetroot, peppers and courgettes, all cut into chunky wedges)- 500ml chicken stock
- Rub a little olive oil onto the chicken pieces and sprinkle with Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Prepare your mix of vegetables, and place into a large roasting tin.
- Cut into bite size chunks - the harder vegetables like beetroot & potatoes, cut them a little smaller as they take the longest to cook
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Place the chicken pieces skin side up on top of the vegetables, and pour the stock into the pan.
- Bake in your BBQ indirect for about an hour at 170C until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft. Of course it can be cooked in your indoor oven too at the same temperature.
- The chicken skin should be crispy and you will have a really tasty gravy at the bottom of the pan too. Serve with extra green vegetables.