Our Iron BBQ rub make a stunning glaze for these Salmon fillets, perfect for a quick and easy family meal!
500g of White Currants
300g of Sugar
300g of Water
4 tsps of Iron BBQ Rub
2 fillets of Salmon
Knob of butter
- Wash and drain 500g of White Currants and place in a heavy pan. Add 300g of water and bring to a rolling boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and strain through a mesh colander leaving the pulp behind.
- Add back into the pan and combine the sugar, Iron BBQ Rub, butter and bring back to rolling temperature of 104c simmer for ten minutes till it’s reduce of thickened up!
- Pop into a sterilised jars or bottles. Stand jars into a pan of boiling water to lock in flavour and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and store for up to a year in a dark place.
- Fry Salmon in a heavy pan and add the BBQ sauce and Nigella seeds to coat the salmon. Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds. A side of green salad, padron peppers and charred asparagus.